In 2011, the dinners moved back to the Columbia Tower Club, where they have been hosted since. This was also the year we coerced a few friends into coming with us, and they’ve been back every year for more as well.
The guests for this dinner were Jean-Charles Cazes of Chateaux Lynch Bages and Ormes de Pez; Anthony Barton of Chateaux Leoville and Langoa Barton; and Nicolas Glumineau of Chateaux Montrose and Tronquoy Lalande.
The 2008 new release wines served were:
- 2008 Blanc de Lynch Bages
- 2008 Chateau Tronquoy Lalande
- 2008 Chateau Ormes de Pez
- 2008 Chateau Lynch Bages
- 2008 Chateau Leoville Barton
- 2008 Chateau Montrose
- 1998 Chateau Langoa Barton
- 1998 Chateau Lynch Bages
- 1998 Chateau Montrose
- 1988 Chateau Lynch Bages en Magnum
- 1988 Chateau Leoville Barton
- 1988 Chateau Montrose en Magnum
- 2006 Suduiraut Sauternes
I distinctly remember picking the Chateau Montrose as my favorite of the 2008 Vintage, followed by Leoville Barton, and the Lynch Bages, with the 1988 Lynch Bages from magnum as my Wine of the Night. I also distinctly remember looking forward to tasting the celebrated 2009’s the following year.